27 November 2006

More Parts for the Bike, Tank Update -

Lots of New Parts have been ordered recently. Here's the breakdown (quick and dirty).

From CA-Cycleworks, I will be enjoying a Nichols Crankcase Breather, I didn't forget the crush washer, and while I was there I picked up a matching CRG Hindsight Lane-Split Mirror for my RH Side, as well as the DesmoTimes Case Saver Insert. Might as well pick up the necessities while I'm there I figured.

To go with the Nichols Crankcase Breather, I have ordered the K&N Filter & Air Box Plugs Kit from TPO Parts. While I'm picking things up there, I decided to try out there "Custom Xenon Headlight" for Monsters, as a brighter lighting option. Since things things are adding up, I've chosen to equip the Duc with a less expensive method for letting the rattle out, and that's with the Clutch Cover Spacers Kit.

To take on the predicament of fluid reservoirs at the handlebars for the clutch and brake M/C's, I have decided to go with the Rizoma Bottom Outflow Reservoir's with Window (CT0017) in Titanium. This round the CycleCat bars, which are also in Titanium to give a less conspicuous mounting. The reservoirs are being shipped from PJ's Parts, as I have had several pleasant dealings with them so far.

The last of the parts come again from MotoWheels. To begin the clutch improvement, I ordered the Titanium Clutch Spring Bolts & CycleCat DSK-1 Billet Spring Keepers in Red. The future plan is for the pressure plate to be gold, red caps, behind a titanium color SpeedyMoto "Flow" Cover. The Titanium Spring Bolts and Billet Caps go with the SS Clutch Springs and STM Clutch Pin Holder already installed on the bike. The main reason for this shopping extravaganza began with the CycleCat DKS-35 Billet Sidestand in Silver. This is the slightly longer sidestand to relax the lean angle when the bike is at rest. My stock sidestand is completely nasty and covered with scratches, etc and this will go well with the rear ride height raise that is being done by Corse Motorsports while its in getting put back together.

TANK NEWS:
Brad emailed from Speedzone to let me know that everything looked great and just required a little more time before it was shipped to avoid impressions from the shipping packaging, etc. The decals came out fantastic, and it looks like the bike will be back on the road and running by Christmas.