06 December 2006

Parts are in, Tank on the way!

The K&N breather filter Kit, Nichols Crankcase Breather, CRG Mirror, Custom Xenon Headlight, CycleCat Billet Spring keepers & sidestand, DesmoTimes case saver insert, and the like have all arrived, no problems. Parts from MotoWheels, CA-Cycleworks, & TPO Parts. Looks like the full rebuild is a go.

I have CAD'ed up a license plate bracket and bought the sheet of aluminum, I only lack specific hole location measurements now before I start the tail chop process. I'll be ordering frame plugs from DesmoWorld.de, as their plugs have a unique design to them, and I'd like to do business with the guys at that shop. Should something arise and I find the STM plugs on a large discount I won't be hesitating to buy them as I also like the look of those, inasmuch I like any of the billet pieces, just not plastic plugs!

Recent phone call to Brad of Speedzone Paint & Bodyworks. The tank is shipped and billed, I should have it by the end of the week. He broke out the cost for me shown below, the total was $880.00:
  • Tank Repair + Ducati 'Rosso' Red Paint - $440.00
  • Tank Striping - White Center Stripe - $75.00
  • Tank Decals - Retro Logo in White with Black Border - $40.00
  • Seat Cowl Repair + Ducati 'Rosso' Red Paint - $135
  • Headlight Fairing Repair + Ducati 'Rosso' Red Paint - $115
  • Seat Cowl and Headlight Fairing Striping - White Center Stripe - $75.00
The $880.00 total (plus free t-shirt) is considered more than justifiable/reasonable to me. The tank had multiple dents, and I wanted a non-standard paint job. The logo's required a third color (black) as an outline on a red tank to make the white decals 'pop' out.
Brad was incredibly easy to work with and I would recommend him to anyone (and I will be recommending him!)
Pictures should be in by the end of the week.