18 October 2006

Ordering Repair Parts

PARTS

The first round of parts have been ordered. Two seperate orders were made, one at MotoWheels and the other through Fast By Ferracci. I have differing opinions on both transactions from the very beginning.
MOTOWHEELS -

Parts ordered (9):
  • Spare Cycle Cat DS-7 Delrin Frame Slider
  • Cycle Cat DBR-3 Adjustable Riser Clipons, Titanium Color, 2.5" Riser, CRG Bar Ends
  • Brembo "GP" Radial M/C 19x18
  • Mini Banjo Brake Switch - Dual Line
  • Quat-D Ex Box Exhaust - M900
  • Billet Exhaust Flange - 2V Ducati
  • SpeedyMoto Crankcase Cover - "Iron Cross"
  • Titanium Crankcase Cover bolts
  • Billet Monster Steering Head Bolt - "Swirl"
Notes: Great website, immediate verification of order email. This was quickly followed up by an email from an employee to let me know that the Billet Exhaust Flanges do not work with the Ex Box exhaust system. He wanted to know if I wanted to take them off the order completely or be issued store credit (the cost for the flanges is ~$100). Either is fine with me, but useless flanges is not, so I was happy to get the email. Order was shipped later that day, tracking number email received as well.


FERRACCI -

Parts Ordered (1):
  • Airbox Conversion w/ K&N Filter Element. For Carburated M900.
Notes: No confirmation email. Order given during checkout, so I called asking why I the website said I'd get an email and I had received none... Online Orders Guy is out at meetings for the day was answer given. I ask if it is in stock to verify that I will be receiving something in a reasonable amount of time. Employee on phone was unable to tell. Dissapointing to say the least and I am hoping this is not a sign of bad things to come.